Small Business Management and Marketing Articles
As small business owners and employees you wear many hats. These articles are meant to help you with various aspects of managing and marketing a small business: business management tips; marketing and competition; budgeting and costs; effective advertising and more.
The day-to-day tasks involved with running a small business are broad – from keeping the books to managing employees to keeping a roof over the business’ head and much more. Getting it all done while staying within budget is a challenge.
- 6 Steps To Effectively Prioritize Your Time gives six steps and suggestions for becoming more efficient.
- For businesses that are beginning to grow, A Basic Small Business Bookkeeping System explains the five different journals that are vital to accurate record-keeping.
- If you have (or work with other) employees, you know that adults — especially those who are passionate about their work — do not always act like adults. How To Defuse a Potentially Dangerous Work Situation gives tips for handling those situations when employees or managers behave badly.
Small Business Marketing and Branding
Marketing is a broad topic and can be overwhelming for small business. In some cases, so overwhelming that no marketing planning or program is completed. Or, you execute a program but have no way to tell how effective it was. These article will help you understand the importance of marketing and how to effectively get it done:
- Branding is important, but we often ignore one of the most important strategies for branding.
- Putting Your Marketing Programs Into Motion tells how to get the most of your marketing programs through action plans and time lines.
- If you are unclear why you shouldn’t cut the marketing budget when times are tough, Invest in Marketing Programs explains.
- Understand more how different programs can support your business in different ways by reading Guide To a Profitable Marketing Mix.
Other areas small businesses often struggle with is advertising. The articles under “Effective Advertising” can help you understand the different advantages/disadvantages of various advertising media. Marketing and advertising tag lines are another aspect you may find challenging. If so, visit websitemarketingplan.com’s main section and read 7 Steps for Developing a Marketing or Advertising Tag Line.